iPET Network Level 2 Award in Canine Care, Health and Behaviour
iPET Network Level 2 Award in Canine Care, Health and Behaviour - Qualification Number 610/0493/5 (link to qualification on Ofqual register)
The NEW iPET Network Level 2 Award in Canine Care, Health and Behaviour has been designed in collaboration with a wide range of canine industry professionals, ensuring it incorporates up-to-date research and delivers the relevant knowledge and understanding demanded by the canine industry.
The qualification is aimed at those wishing to work or begin their study within the canine industry, but who have no prior knowledge or experience in this area. It is designed to provide the first step on the ladder towards gaining employment for example in kennels, rehoming shelters, or dog walking/pet sitting. The qualification also provides an excellent foundation for progression onto further study within the canine sector.
This qualification offers a broad introduction to the essential elements of caring for dogs, including basic elements of canine welfare, accommodation, nutrition, exercise, handling and restraint, legislation, body language and communication, training, health and anatomy.
Candidates who complete this qualification will be able to:
• Understand the essential care needs of the dog
• Identify important legislation surrounding the keeping of dogs
• Explain the nutritional requirements of dogs
• Recognise basic canine body language and communication
• Understand techniques for safe handling and restraint of dogs
• Outline the basic principles of training of dogs
• Locate key basic anatomical structures and landmarks of the dog
• Recognise signs of disease in dogs and how infectious diseases may be prevented
The qualification will:
• Prepare individuals to progress to another qualification in the same subject area, studying at a higher level or a qualification requiring more specific knowledge, skills and understanding
• Improve employability skills
• Encourage engagement in learning
The iPET Network Level 2 Award in Canine Care, Health and Behaviour is made up of three compulsory units:
Unit 201: Essential Canine Care (2 credits)
Unit 202: Canine Behaviour and Communication (2 credits)
Unit 203: Canine Health and Anatomy (2 credits)
You can access a copy of the iPET Network Level 2 Award in Canine Care, Health and Behaviour Qualification Guide by clicking on the link below. For full details of the qualification please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
EDUCATION FOR PEOPLE, FOR PETS, FOR THE FUTURE