iPET Network Level 3 Award in Dog Walking and Pet Sitting for Professionals
iPET Network Level 3 Award in Dog Walking and Pet Sitting for Professionals - Qualification Number 603/6844/5 (link to qualification on Ofqual register)
iPET Network are proud to have developed this NEW qualification in the Canine and Feline sector.
The iPET Network Level 3 Award in Dog Walking and Pet Sitting for Professionals is designed to meet the real life needs and circumstances of its Candidates. It is aimed at Candidates who wish to gain the skills and knowledge to safely and professionally operate a dog walking or pet sitting business.
This qualification aims to take Candidates on a journey from complete beginners to competent, professional and qualified dog walkers or pet sitters. Encompassing vital skills such as contingency planning, problem solving and communication, the qualification is a balance of theoretical and practical learning to ensure that vocational skills lead the qualification with underpinned knowledge developed throughout.
As an Ofqual regulated qualification at level 3, this meets the higher standard licence requirements for those working in licenced establishments such as boarding kennels, doggy daycares or pet shops.
Following completion of this qualification, a learner will:
- Know and understand the roles and responsibilities of a professional dog walker and pet sitter.
- Be able to record details of animals and clients for the purpose of pet sitting.
- Know and understand the policies and procedures that need to be put in place prior to setting up a dog walking and pet sitting business.
- Know and understand client requirements and requests when carrying out dog walking and pet sitting services.
- Know and understand how to minimise risks when lone working as a dog walker or pet sitter.
- Know and understand the requirements of current legislation and codes of practice for dog walking and pet sitting including transporting animals.
- Know and understand a variety of breeds and behaviours typical to their breed group
- Know and understand how to care for small animals that may require a pet sitting service.
- Be able to observe and record behaviour demonstrated by a dog, when working as a dog walker or pet sitter.
- Know and understand how to walk and control a dog.
- Be able to carry out effective dog walking activities.
- Know and understand potential hazards that may be experienced whilst in a small animal business.
- Understand the fundamental requirements of setting up a small animal business
- Understand the role of marketing in a small canine business
- Understand the financial requirements of running a small animal business
The link below is to the iPET Network Level 3 Award in Dog Walking and Pet Sitting for Professionals - Qualification Guide, this document provides more information and breakdown of the qualification criteria and outcomes.
To download a Summary of the qualification please click the link below:
EDUCATION FOR PEOPLE, FOR PETS, FOR THE FUTURE