iPET Network Level 3 Diploma in Professional Dog Grooming (Exclusive to Pets at Home)
iPET Network Level 3 Diploma in Professional Dog Grooming (Exclusive to Pets at Home) - Qualification Number 610/1256/8 (link to qualification on Ofqual register)
The iPET Network Level 3 Diploma in Professional Dog Grooming (Exclusive to Pets at Home) is a bespoke qualification designed for and in partnership with Pets at Home. It is intended to provide the most extensive and in-depth dog grooming qualification, offered exclusively to Pets Grooming salon colleagues.
Pets at Home are always looking at how they can develop and strengthen the skills of their colleagues to make sure their customers receive the best possible service and care for their pets. Pets at Home have collaborated with iPET Network an Ofqual regulated Awarding Organisation to create an exclusive and exciting new qualification for our colleagues at Pets Grooming. The iPET Network Level 3 Diploma in Professional Dog Grooming (Exclusive to Pets at Home), is the largest dog grooming qualification in the industry and is our biggest training investment that will help our groomers move to the next level.
The qualification is aimed at Candidates, employed within a Pets Grooming salon, who wish to gain extensive skills and knowledge, enabling them to prepare, style and finish a range of dog breeds using both commercial and traditional styling techniques. It will guide an understanding of health and safety requirements within a dog grooming salon, awareness of canine behaviour and how this can be utilised in a salon environment, canine emergency first aid skills, and an understanding of the basic running of a Pets Grooming salon.
This qualification aims to take Candidates on a journey from complete beginners to competent and confident commercial dog groomers who can:
• Recognise health and safety legislation and company policies relevant to Pets Grooming salon environment and work safely, both with people and dogs
• Ensure the customer journey is supported within Pets Grooming
• Understand how to recognise signs of canine health and ill-health and respond appropriately to first aid emergency scenarios
• Show awareness of canine behaviour and communication and how to apply this knowledge to dogs being groomed
• Prepare, plan, style and finish a range of commercial, breed standard and advanced scissor dog grooming styles
• Recognise the normal anatomy of the dog’s skin, hair and nails
• Adapt the grooming process to ensure that welfare needs of the individual dogs are always maintained
• Understand the basic requirements of running a Pets Grooming salon.
The iPET Network Level 3 Diploma in Professional Dog Grooming (Exclusive to Pets at Home) consists of twelve mandatory units:
Unit 354: Health and Safety in a Dog Grooming Environment
Unit 355: Customer Journey Within the Pets at Home Ecosystem
Unit 356: Canine Emergency First Aid
Unit 357: Canine Care, Health and Welfare Within the Grooming Environment
Unit 358: Preparing Dogs for Styling, Equipment and Maintenance
Unit 359: Canine Behaviour and Handling for Groomers
Unit 360: Planning and Techniques for Completing a Range of Dog Grooming Styles
Unit 361: Style and Finish a Range of Dog Breeds for Commercial Styling
Unit 362: Style and Finish a Range of Dog Breeds for Traditional and Advanced Scissor Styling
Unit 363: Canine Anatomy and Physiology for Groomers
Unit 364: Adapting the Grooming Process to Meet the Individual Needs of the Dog
Unit 365: Successful Running of a Pets Grooming Salon
For full details of the qualification please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
EDUCATION FOR PEOPLE, FOR PETS, FOR THE FUTURE