iPET Network Level 2 Award in Responsible Dog Ownership
iPET Network Level 2 Award in Responsible Dog Ownership - Qualification Number 610/0706/07 (link to qualification on Ofqual register)
With dog ownership in the UK at an all-time high, this brand NEW iPET Network Level 2 Award in Responsible Dog Ownership has been developed to meet the needs of Candidates who are looking to own a dog, possibly for the first time, or those who already own a dog and want to learn more about their responsibilities as a dog owner. Completion of this qualification provides an excellent platform for progression into dog ownership and/or completing further study in the subject area.
The qualification has been developed in collaboration with animal care educators, veterinary professionals and other related canine industry experts to ensure that it meets the needs of current and future dog owners, driving forward improved standards of welfare, care and responsibility.
The qualification offers an in-depth look at how to correctly match a dog to an owner to ensure a lasting relationship, understanding the importance of obtaining a dog from an appropriate source. It offers an overview of the law in relation to dog ownership, enabling owners to fully appreciate their responsibilities and develops understanding of the general care and health requirements of dogs throughout all stages of their lives.
Candidates who complete this qualification will be able to:
• Confidently choose a suitable pet dog based on a range of dog and owner-related factors
• Obtain a pet dog from a reputable source
• Understand the law as it relates to dog ownership
• Understand how to maintain the health of their dog, both at home and with veterinary support
• Recognise the basic care needs of their dog, how these needs change throughout the dog’s lifetime and how to accommodate these requirements
The iPET Network Level 2 Award in Responsible Dog Ownership consists of four mandatory units:
• Unit 207: Choosing a Suitable Pet Dog (1 credit)
• Unit 208: Dog Ownership and the Law (1 credit)
• Unit 209: Canine Preventative Health Care (1 credit)
• Unit 210: Canine Life Stage Care (1 credit)
You can access a copy of the iPET Network Level 2 Award in Responsible Dog Ownership Qualification Guide by clicking on the link below. For full details of the qualification please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
iPET Network Level 2 Award in Responsible Dog Ownership - Qualification Guide
EDUCATION FOR PEOPLE, FOR PETS, FOR THE FUTURE