Training Provider Approval Process
Becoming a Training Provider with iPET Network will open the opportunities for you as an Educator to share your knowledge and expertise to those entering into the Animal Care and Veterinary Science Sector.
By becoming an approved Training Provider with iPET Network, you will gain a mark of quality. This is your agreement and commitment to understand the roles, responsibilities and requirements to deliver quality training, complete fair and reliant assessment processes and ensure operational delivery is to a high quality standard.
So what is the process to becoming an approved Training Provider with iPET Network?
Should you complete our enquiry form on the website, you will be called by our Quality Assurance Manager. During this call, we will discuss your business and goals.
• What are your current business activities? For example are you currently delivering qualifications for other Awarding Organisations such as Open College Network West Midlands, City and Guilds or Pearsons?
• Are you working with another Training Group such as PIF, Summit Groomer Training Group or Heavenlyz Dog Grooming as a Satellite Centre?
• Are you currently delivering unregulated courses?
• Tell us about your environment and facilities.
• Help us understand the qualifications you wish to deliver and the numbers of learners you project.
• Inform us of the qualifications you hold in order to deliver the iPET Network qualifications.
• Outline when you would wish to start training students.
Following the initial call, you will receive an email detailing more information about iPET Network, our Training Provider Fees, Application Form and Why to choose iPET Network as your Awarding Organisation.
Following the initial discussion and emails, should you wish to proceed to become an approved iPET Network Training Provider we would organise a pre-approval call to answer any further questions regarding the qualification delivery, structure, iPET Network support, External Quality Assurance activities and certification fees. If all questions have been answered, the next stage would be to complete the application form and return to the iPET Network team.
Upon receipt, an invoice will be sent for the Training Provider Recognition Application/Joining Fee. This is the start of the approval process. The joining fee includes:
• Access to the Training Provider Manual and Qualification Handbooks
• 1-day Qualification training day (at iPET Network HQ)
• Dedicated Account Manager for ongoing support and advice
• Access to a range of iPET Network regulated qualifications
• Use of the iPET Network logo for marketing purposes
• Opportunities to create new industry qualifications
• Incentives for referral of new Training Providers
• Promotion on the iPET Network website
• Policies and Procedures template
• Internal Quality Assurance strategies and templates
• 1 x free yearly membership on The Groomers Spotlight
• Certificate of approval
• Welcome hamper
Once the invoice has been paid, the External Quality Assurer will be in contact to discuss the next stages and email through the agreements to be signed.
• Training Provider Manual
• Training Provider Agreement with Terms and Conditions
• Enforceable Agreement
• Conflict of Interest Disclosure Form
• EQA Audit Form
• Template policies and procedures
Once all the agreement documents have been returned an External Quality Assurance approval audit is arranged. The audit is a very robust process which will ensure you meet the requirements of iPET Network, the delivery of the qualification to students and meet Ofqual, CCEA Regulation and Qualification Wales requirements. The audit will cover the following areas:
• Certificates from all the Tutors proving they meet the requirements of delivering the individual qualifications.
• Photographic evidence of the educational facilities, the safety of the facilities and compliance with Health and Safety and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for the students and dogs.
• Up to date CPD records.
• Evidence of Policies and Procedures in place.
• Administrative systems in place to track the progress of Candidates.
• Arrangements in place regarding the security and confidentiality of assessment materials.
•Understanding iPET Network's policies on malpractice and maladministration.
Following the evidence obtained a Tutor and Training Provider Assessment of Support Rating will be created. This will confirm what support is needed for each Tutor, the Training Provider and the level of internal and external quality assurance audit activities.
Following the External Quality Assurance approval audit a detailed report will be produced and any actions or special conditions will be documented. If approved the Training Provider will receive a:
• Training Provider Approval letter
• Training Provider Certificate of approval
• Access to iPET Network resources and collateral
As part of the approval process our Training Providers get full training on systems and regular meetings will be organised to ensure all Tutors understand the systems used to monitor students:
• Internal Quality Assurance strategies and processes
• Registration of students on the Web Portal
• Booking and uploading assessments of students on the Web Portal
• Learner E-portfolio system
This is what makes us different! We are available to answer any questions, however small! All of our team are here to help whether that is via email, phone or on our Facebook iPET Network Tutor group.
The Groomers Spotlight
As part of the Joining Fee package you are eligible to have 1 x free membership to The Groomer Spotlight, this is a platform where you can promote you as a groomer and trainer but also a place where you can have a profile for your Dog Grooming training school. See our news story for more details about The Groomers Spotlight and their benefits.
iPET Network | EDUCATION FOR PEOPLE, FOR PETS, FOR THE FUTURE
iPET Network is an Awarding Organisation regulated by Ofqual, CCEA Regulation and Qualifications Wales.
Our Training Providers are a collection of schools, colleges, universities, trainers, coaches and mentors approved to deliver a range of qualifications for the Animal Care and Veterinary Science sector.