iPET Network Level 3 Diploma in Canine Nutrition
iPET Network Level 3 Diploma in Canine Nutrition - Qualification Number 603/7213/8 (link to qualification on Ofqual register)
The iPET Network Level 3 Diploma in Canine Nutrition is designed to explore the most up to date research and practice permeating the canine nutrition arena. It is aimed at candidates who see and experience how nutrition affects the canine and subsequently want to develop their learning and understanding to inform their own development or professional practice. It is designed to be flexible to meet the real life needs of those who are currently working in the industry. Candidates must demonstrate knowledge of canine welfare and be committed to developing their personal and professional development.
Leading industry experts Lisa Hannaby, Jacqui Byrne and Caroline Griffith have helped write and review this qualification to ensure the outcome is appropriate for the Canine Nutrition industry and the continued growth and development of the sector.
Objectives of the qualification
This qualification is aimed to lead Candidates into being able to develop a knowledge and understanding to a superior and professional level. Depending on the needs of the individual Candidate, the qualification can:
- prepare individuals to progress within their current role
- prepare Candidates for career development
- support a role in the workplace
- support continuous professional standards
- encourage engagement in learning.
This qualification has been designed to enable Candidates to:
- access flexible, distance learning
- work within in the pet food, canine health, and welfare industry to a professional standard
- understand the Principles of Canine nutrition and at different life stages
- gain knowledge and understanding of canine anatomy and physiology and the impact of canine evolution
- carry out research and compile a literature review of their findings
- understand the history and development of the pet food industry
- understand the importance of the microbiome and behaviour
Units included within this qualification are:
410: Principles of Canine Nutrition
320: Canine Digestive Anatomy and Physiology
321: Life stage Canine Nutrition
322: Canine Evolution
323: Pet Food
411: Canine Microbiome, Immunity and Behaviour
412: Research in Canine Nutrition
The link below is the iPET Network Level 3 Diploma in Canine Nutrition Qualification Guide, this document provides more information and breakdown of the units included.
To download a Summary of the qualification please click the link below:
EDUCATION FOR PEOPLE, FOR PETS, FOR THE FUTURE